Jan 18, 2010

Haiti

This blog is supposed to be about communication, business, and leadership. All these pale in importance to the living, breathing, nightmarish hell that is Haiti after the earthquake.

I just watched a CBS video of Katie Couric on the Huffington Post site. More than anything I have seen, it personalizes and simplifies the horror that ensues when people with nothing lose absolutely everything.

You may be weary of the pathos by now. I hope that doesn’t stop you from reaching into your wallets. Send your money to any of the myriad organizations that are doing good works in Haiti. Here are just three:

www.americares.org

www.doctorswithoutborders.org

www.redcross.org

If you’re like me, you dislike being preached at or told what to do. I hope you don’t perceive this as such. I also hope that, if you needed a little nudge to click and donate, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment